Thursday, February 11, 2010

Theme: BUSY AS ALL HELL.

Bonjuorno! (no clue if that's how you spell it, but I definitely know how to say it!!) Today is the 11th of February and I am as busy as I have ever been! I cannot believe how much reading us students have in these courses! It has literally been the talk of the week. Everyone has been piled with so much that we cannot actually go out and enjoy our surroundings!! It is very, very annoying but I suppose part of life. Other than the long days and sleepless nights, I have become much more comfortable with living in such a new world. Italian men and women are beginning to recognize my face rather instantly as I walk into their local cafes and grocery stores. I feel like I am looking less and less like a tourist, as well. (It may be the new leather jacket I purchased two days ago?) You'll love it Mom!
Now that we've got to witness the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the green surroundings of Luca, the crazy passionate football fans of Firenze, and the beautiful sounds of the local Opera, we will be hoisted off to the Carnevale in Venice on Valentine's Day this Sunday! I am far too excited for first finding an outfit and and then having all the crazy fun I can get my hands on! So, wish me luck. ;)
But back to the Opera, I went to go see La Traviata on Tuesday night. I felt so pretty with my new dress, necklace, heels, and coat. I felt this experience was beautiful. It reminded me, especially seeing the two little girls sitting in the front row, of when my parents would take me to these small performing arts theatres all over the Bay Area. This church wasn't at all like I pictured. It was held in a very small and cozy room with the audience surrounding the stage like a U shape. Very up close and personal. Even though the amazingly angelic voices nearly put me to sleep, it was still a wonderful experience that I can't wait to try again.
Well it's time for me to pack everything up and walk around in the rain so i can find objects for my "scanvenger hunt". Ugh. Ciao!! Love you most! :o)


(I move into my actual apartment tonight so pictures WILL be posted accordingly annnddd may have hopes in internet connection in this location)

No comments:

Post a Comment